YMCA – Robert Loh Social Service Internship Programme
Discover the social service sector and understand YMCA’s diverse community programmes as you embark on cross-functional job rotations and learn from experienced professionals.
Dr. Robert Loh, the first president of the National Council of Social Service selflessly devoted most of his life championing social causes. His generous funding and support for Social Service Programmes have greatly impacted and inspired our community over the past decades.
In honour of Dr. Robert Loh, the YMCA-Robert Loh Social Service Internship Programme focuses on grooming like-minded individuals who have the heart to serve, lead and give back to the community. Fuel your interest in the social service sector by joining us as you begin your job rotation within the Programmes division and be exposed to the variety of programmes that the YMCA offers!
The duration of this internship will be 3 months. Extended internships may be considered based on mutual needs and agreement with the Association.
During your internship, you will play an instrumental role in designing, planning and executing YMCA’s diverse community service programmes. Through job rotations within the Programmes division, maximise your fullest potential by gaining rich experience and valuable insights related to the social service sector. Furthermore, you will have an opportunity to learn from our experienced and enthusiastic team who will guide and support you throughout your internship journey.
- Polytechnic or University student pursuing a degree / diploma
- Only Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible
- Candidates specialising in Social Sciences or those who have indicated a strong interest in the social service sector will have an advantage
- Experience in volunteering with YMCA or any social service organisation
- Polytechnic students with a minimum GPA score of 3.5 out of 4.0
- University students on track to a minimum of Cum Laude (Distinction) / 2nd Class Honours or equivalent
This internship programme starts in May 2020. Please register your interest at http://tiny.cc/rlintern to stay connected with us!