Youth Expedition Project Leaders Training Course
Youth Corp Singapore (YCS) is a division of National Youth Council (NYC), an autonomous agency under Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth. As the national institution for youth volunteerism, YCS empowers youths who are keen to serve the community via a broad range of volunteering opportunities, trainings and funding support. YCS programmes are grounded in service-learning to provide youths an immersive and transformative learning experience through meaningful community service.
The Youth Expedition Project (YEP) is a key NYC youth development programme that encourages volunteerism among youth between 15 and 35 years old to embark on community service-learning projects. The objectives of the YEP are to nurture confident youth, who are socially responsible and active citizens, who can identify needs and contribute to the community both at home and overseas. YMCA of Singapore has been administering YEP funds since 2012 and being a long term partner in programme funding, YMCA of Singapore was appointed as to heighten potential synergies through a strong pool of experienced trainers.
The YCS-YEP Leaders’ Training Course (YCS-YEP LTC) is a 4-day and 1-night residential YEP LTC training which aims to:
- Introduce the leaders to the YEP programme and its desired service and learning outcomes
- Equip the leaders with critical skills and knowledge to design and conduct effective and meaningful service learning projects.
The following modules will be covered during the course and YMCA of Singapore will be running the course in two permutations:
- Over two weekends:
For forthcoming course dates and registration, click here.
- Value-Based Leadership
- Working in a team
- Service Learning (Intro) and Project Management
- Social Sector Overview and Community Engagement
- Expedition Planning and Programme Design
- Community Development (Partnership Development)
- Cross-Cultural Learning
- Risk Management
To view the trainers’ profiles, click here.
YEP Leaders should note that:
- They should complete the YCS-YEP LTC before submission of a YEP application
- They are advised to attend the YCS-YEP LTC before the overseas reconnaissance trip
- Due to the experiential nature of the YCS-YEP LTC, a minimum number of participants is required for each session Therefore, YEP leaders should apply for the course well in advance in case of any postponement
- Certificates will be awarded to YEP Leaders who have successfully completed the LTC (100% attendance is expected)
- The certificate is valid for 4 years
- The course fee is $750 nett per person. The full sum is claimable after the course, subject to the approval of your YEP grant application